Monday, April 3, 2017

Aging

Is getting older (50s) an excuse not to continue being the very best athlete one can be? We all need breaks, hit the reset button, find the mojo again, and maybe change things up. Change the way we eat, train, rest, and look at life. Can't move the heavy weights on the bench, run as fast or long, or train hard so many continuous days. But to do nothing, not make some gains, eat irresponsible, and allow ones body to go without struggle and growth is not living. It's dying sooner and more miserable then God intended. Yes its dam hard to get moving again with age. The struggle is real and more difficult then the previose restarts.

Growing older is not a reason to not keep being our very best. Yes it still hurts to get back in shape. To move the body when tired and stiff.  To be our very best when everyone else our age is saying why do it, just retire and chill. We have a responsibility to the younger generations to be ambassadores, to be an example anything is possible, never surrender, never give up. Just like our parents, and other atheletes we here about still out doing the things they love. A little slower, back of the pack, but still going nevertheless.

Unfortunately I didn't have anyone to kick me in the ass to get moving again. I had to use my own boot and do it to myself. Which was best because that was me telling me I'm ready.

6 comments:

Giorgio said...

That's really a great post, Thomas! "Never give up", you are right. We have to find new source of motivation and don't forget the importance of self-awareness.
You are improving your strength, you are ready!

Olga said...

Preach it, brother!
By the way, I posted as well, but with making blog private I don't think the updates are coming. Let me know if you can't see it!

Black Knight said...

Great post. Never give up! I am old and injured but .... I'm on the road again!

DawnB said...

I don't believe age should be an issue age is just a number! I keep at it every day what would I do without my passion!

Thomas Bussiere said...

Passion is sometimes all we have. Never give up. Never.

Johann said...

Love this! We keep going and it's great.