Friday, July 24, 2009

20th Mohican 100 Mile Trail Race

Loudonville, OH is such a quant little town and reminded me of where I grew up (Northfield, VT). Nestled in the hills of central OH this Amish country has lots of Mom & Pop shops lining the country road leading into a single main street with an easy going atmosphere. This town had several activities taken place this weekend (Vietnam War Memorial Wall display, annual motor bike festival, town carnival, and Mohican 100 mile race) and made for an exciting place to be. Laura, Josh, and I spent Friday checking out some of the local shops that lined Main Street.
We grabbed lunch at a local favorite restaurant, ice cream shop, and then visited the Vietnam War Memorial. We had seen the actual War Memorial in Washington DC and this was the traveling version which went across the country. It was just as sobering when seeing the wall for the second time as I eased dropped on two older gentlemen reminiscing about their own experience with the Normandy evasion. I was thinking how my Mom would have really enjoyed seeing this and all this town had to offer.

My wife was in shopping heaven between all the small craft shops littering the street and the Amish furniture stores. My son (Josh) and I at one time found ourselves enjoying a lazy moment in a couple of oversize rocking chairs on the main sidewalk, while life moved by like in the town of Mayberry, with my wife inside admiring the quality of handmade furniture.
As the afternoon eased by, we made our way to the Mohican Wilderness Park where the check-in and race brief was being held. It was a short 15 minute drive from town along the Mohican river as we passed by more camping areas then I’ve ever seen. I saw families floating down the river on tubes as the daytime temps hovered in the middle 80s and high humidity. After I checked in and picked up my race package, we started to set up our gear in tent city surrounding the race events. We meet several runners and enjoyed sharing tips, strategies, and stories from past races. Some were doing their first 50 mile and 100 mile race while others were returning veterans. Before Josh and I had a chance to even get the tent unfolded from the bag, my wife had already meet several other people in which one was observing us for live instruction to set up their own tent. I should not be surprised with her always getting awarded Miss Congeniality for most of her beauty pageants when she was competing on a state level. Josh was really amazing as he showed the guy how to assemble our condo (8 man tent). I was also surprised as Laura quickly put the whole concept together and had figured out how to put his two man tent together. When all was done, he and his wife were very grateful and we wished each other luck. We did notice how we were covered with sweat and cloths wet from the high humidity. Although we had a hotel room back in town, we figured the tent would come in handy Saturday night if Laura and Josh wanted to catch a nap, and Sunday after the race to rest.
We had a couple of hours to burn before the brief started so we grabbed another bit to eat and I got my drop bags assembled at the Little Brown Inn just down the road where we were staying. We swung by a dollar store to pick up a few odds and ends we forgot. I was waiting in the truck while Laura and Josh ran inside when suddenly the sky clouded over with black clouds and the deluge was on. Shortly after, pea size hail pelted the ground as the rain went from being vertical to horizontal. I was thinking this was good to get this out of the way now before the race tomorrow.

Back at the Little Brown Inn, this young man staying in the room next to us who was running the 50 mile race was giving me a dissertation on his previous marathons and 50 mile races. He had a strange way of making conversation and I was under the impression he had a bad case of ADD. His head would twitch, and his quirky thought were random, as he keep going back to his experience with drugs like he was having flashbacks. I was trying not to be rude by showing some compassion by listing to him, but was starting to get really annoyed with his non stop rambling. I mean, this cat was really out there. I finally cut him off mid sentence and said I had to get some stuff pulled together for the race. He still kept chatting as I closed the door to our room. This cat was a mess, and I told my wife, Lord help me if I run into him during the day tomorrow. Based on his time from previous races, he runs a couple minutes slower per mile then me so this should not be a problem.
We made it back in plenty of time for the brief as the RD went over the rules and answered questions. I must say, I did hear a couple of funny question from some first timers like “Will there be water at aid stations” and “Will I need a flashlight at night”. Another funny moment was when this older gentlemen stood up on a table and talked about the course markings and the different color code pie plates – “Follow yellow…green….purple…orange…brown…green…orange….”He was so serious as a good chuckle came from the crowd. The one thing that did stick to me was when the RD said in a serious tone that there would be a very high drop rate, and warned us to go slow because the humidity was going to be dangerous. Especially if the forecast holds true with rains tonight and overcast skies with small burst of sun tomorrow. I knew the temps were in the triple digits back in GA for the weekend, and was thinking how nice it would be running in some cooler conditions. Nevertheless, I also knew to respect the humidity for it can be just as bad.

Race morning was routine with the alarm ringing at 03:30 as Laura and Josh pulled the last of our stuff together and I donned my gear, lubed up, and forced down a coffee and bagel for breakfast. As usual, the pre-race energy filled the thick sticky air in the cover of darkness. On the drive to race headquarters, I noticed it rained last night with plenty of standing water in the roads with no sign of a dry spot anywhere. The RD comments from last night echoed in my head as I reminded myself to “don’t let the rabbits pull me in” and just run my own race. The 50 milers were also starting at the same time with us so I also didn’t want to be pulled in with their faster pace being a shorter distance. My strategy was to maintain a comfortable consistent pace for the first half, eat lots of solid food and stay hydrated, and wait for the night time to throw down what ever I had in the tank when the temps drop. We all made our way to the starting line as we stretched in place trying to ease the tension of what we knew was in front of us. 3.2.1 Gooooo and we were off in the darkness with lights bouncing all around the surface. Within the first mile we ran into our first major hill of the race with steep switchbacks which went forever into the darkness as we all backed down our pace to conserve what we would need later. A few of the jack rabbits took off, but we knew better than to push it this early in the race. The dirt road was nice to Landoll’s Castle which was our first aid station at 5 miles into the race. I was thinking my shoe option of wearing road shoes until Covered Bridge aid station (21 miles) was a good choice based on previous reports I read. A quick stop only long enough to ditch the flashlight and top my water bottle off before making my way to Rock Point aid station. The hard packed rolling dirt road was a nice smooth surface to run on, and was either going up or down with very few flat spots. The sky was overcast and the temps hovering in the low 70s. Everything felt good as I settled into a comfortable pace.
Rock Point aid station (10 miles) was booming with life and lots of runners with little distance between us this early into the race. I noticed some already sitting down, taken a break, and retrieving items from their drop bag. I was there long enough to refill my bottle and grab a handful of food. My figs were half gone from the trip here and wanted to get as much solid food in me before conditions got worse. The road section was over and it was all trails from this point. I went about 200 yards down the single lane smooth trail thinking this was really nice and looked forward to this mostly down hill section to South Park aid station. My opinion would be abruptly changed as the trail took a turn for some shoe sucking mud. I don’t mind mud, but road shoes don’t perform well and was wishing I had my trail shoes. I was hoping this may just be a short section but no such luck. The trail then turned into a washed out muddy troth as I was literally sliding back with every step. I pulled over to let some runners by with better traction then me. I knew I was wasting a lot of energy, and planned on running this section fast, but couldn’t do anything about it but keep moving forward. It was frustrating and I had to have a talk with myself to settle down and go with what the course throws at you. I crossed a couple of streams which removed a few layers of mud, but would only last a few seconds before mud diving again.
I finally made it to South Park (Mile 14.3) and was only there for 2 minutes before hitting the 4.3 mile and over 700’ climb up to Fire Tower. The trail was muddy for half the climb before it showed signs of giving me a break. Some of the climbs were not long, but very steep and a good wakeup call on the legs. The morning heat and humidity started to revealed itself and reminded me it was going to be a long day.> After a few more step climbs, the Fire Tower aid station (18.6 miles) was a welcome sign knowing my crew and supplies was there.

I was 3 hours into the race and lost a lot of time (20 minutes) on the last two sections due to a tactile mistake on my part (shoes). Nevertheless, it was still early and need to just go with what the day gives me. Although my shoes were muddy and wet, I only had 2.5 miles to the Covered Bridge, and planned to change into my trail shoes.
I had a hot spot under my right toe and had Laura check it out - It was only a medium size blister. After what I just put my feet through, I was surprised that was the only thing wrong with them. She addressed the blister and put some more Vaseline on my feet. I grabbed my peanut butter filled pretzels, refilled my bottle with Perpetuem, and thanked my crew for being there for me.

The next section was more trail on soft pine needles which made for some good running. I was still feeling fresh and strong, and passed several runners on this downhill section. There were a couple of narrow wooden foot bridges without rails to slide over. Sliding is the operative word because the third one I ran over, I found myself airborne, with a pause in midair, before landing on my back with legs in the air. Initially I didn’t know what happened because it happened so fast. The next thing I said was thank God I didn’t slide off and into the rocky ditch. As I got up and started to brush the mold and dirt off me, another runner was behind me and was concerned I was hurt based on how hard I hit. I informed him I was more embarrassed with my less then graceful landing, but had no pain and everything was in place.
Covered Bridge aid station (21.1 miles and 5300’ elevation change) was booming with a ton of support and energy. I got my drop bag and changed socks and put my awesome trail shoes on which I have been dreaming of sense Rock Point. It felt so good to have dry feet again. The next section to run was the 4 mile purple loop up to Lyons Falls which I heard so much about. I knew this section was going to be slow with hand over hand climbs up root infested rock cliffs. A few of the runners were just coming off this section when I asked them how it was. They replied it was very slow going, difficult, and so glad that section was over with a sigh. I planned for the worse and reminded myself to stay positive and get this behind you. About a half mile up the trail I ran into Nick who often trains on these trails. He was doing the 50 mile distance and was very familiar with the territory. The trail marking for this section was poor so I hung with Nick for awhile and used him as a guide. We ran up on another young lady running the 50 also so the three of us ran together. We climbed up the rocky face which was not as bad as anticipated. It was still hand over hand climbing, and time consuming, but not bad. Nick needed a break to catch his breath, and I didn’t want to wait, so I wished Nick luck and continued forward. The young lady and I ran up to the top of Lyons Falls which was over 700 ft in less than 2 miles. She was slower on the downhill section, so I wished her luck with her run and her first 100 miler later this summer. I was moving really well on the downhill and ran into another runner trying to figure out which direction to turn. He said we needed to go back because there were no signs of foot prints from other runners. This was frustrating because this section was poorly marked to say the least. We went back to were the trail last split and continued further until running into another split with no signs. After another 1.5 miles down this section of the trail we ran into 4 more runners coming at us. They said we missed the turn and need to turn around. Another 1.5 miles back to the split, for another attempt to get back on the right trail. We finally made it back to the Covered Bridge aid station (25.1 miles turned into 28+ miles) and gave the course an extra 3 miles.
I heard the trail was dry and in good shape for the next three sections, so I changed back into my road shoes to save my trail shoes for after the river crossing back into the Covered Bridge. By this point, the humidity was really high with a slightly overcast sky. The 500 foot climb up switchbacks trails was hot, but I was moving well considered I past about 8 more runners up this section. The legs felt strong and everything was in place as I made my way into Hickory Ridge aid station (30.4 miles). I did run out of water about 1 mile before getting here so I took a minute to drink some water, swallowed a gel, and refill my bottle. I grabbed a handful of figs, chips, and M&M on my way out. This next section started off mostly flat with a few minor hills (350’) before getting a nice downhill stretch from the top of the ridge line. I passed about 11 more runners on this section as they commented on how strong I looked. I felt good, but I was starting to really feel the heat of the day. Water was running out of me faster then I could put it in me. I still was not pushing it that hard knowing the heat of the day would take its toll.
The next stop was a crew support area just before getting to Grist Mill aid station (37 miles). I have an awesome crew and had chicken broth and a cold vanilla Boost ready. We talked briefly and Laura said they have seen some runners already looking bad. I said I was feeling good but on the hot side and lost a lot of water out of me. I still had a ¼ mile stretch before checking with the aid station. I ran with another runner (Phil) to the aid station who had a great demeanor and was one tough runner. He was easy to talk to and I could tell he had a lot of experience with ultra running. He has ran every 100 mile race in the country except Hardrock. He told me he was running the 100 miler today but was going to take the 50 mile option instead because he was having a rough time today. Phil usually finishes these races in less than 20 hours, but the day had already done too much damage. I would have like to run with Phil some more, but he knew what he had to do, so I wished him luck and hoped to run across him again. I was in the aid station for less then a minute before heading out to see my crew before hitting the flat 5.5 mile section along the Mohican River. This section was not as fast as I thought it would be with lots of obstacles to navigate around (rocks and fallen trees). It was also hot with a lot of direct exposure to the sun. This turned out to be a slow 5.5 miles as this one taller younger guy, which we have been passing each other all day, goes by me. He was a strong runner with a Marine hair cut. I finally made it to the river crossing which was thigh deep, a rocky bottom, and about 150’ wide. The cool water felt good as I stopped on the other side and splashed it all over me and submerged my head to cool off. This felt really refreshing and felt like a new person afterwards.
The Covered Bridge aid station (42.3 miles) never looked so good for the third time. I changed back into my trail shoes, fresh socks, and recoated my feet with Vaseline. Other then the one blister I got earlier, my feet felt good considering being wet for most of the day. I changed into a fresh shirt, refilled my bottle, grabbed some more food, put some bug spray on to control the horse flies, and I was out of there. The support was excellent at this aid station and knew how to help a runner. Something I did different was eat a couple pieces of watermelon because it just looked good. I normally never eat watermelon, but it was inviting and figured my body needed it. It was only 2.7 miles to Bridle Staging aid station but it was mostly 570’ of going up on switchbacks. Another slow going section but heard this was challenging because of the afternoon heat and steep incline. I finally reached my crew again at Bridle Stage (45 miles) and was ready for some more chicken broth and Boost. My stomach didn’t feel all that receptive but I knew the next three section would be demanding and I needed to keep my calories up. I spent a little more time (20 min) then normal with my crew, but this allowed my body to cool down and be a little more receptive to food. I grabbed my flashlight just in case it got dark before seeing them again. With this next section being over 7 miles long, I also grabbed my extra water bottle. After a quick trip to the porta-potie, I thanked my wife and son again and said see you on the dark side at Fire Tower.
My stomach was still unbalanced, so I took it easy to help settle it. The trail was easy to run as this 7.3 mile section was mostly downhill with the exception of a couple stream crossings (more wet feet). I picked my pace up and the miles started to go by fast with the late afternoon sun lowering towards darkness. After about four miles behind me, the trail dumped into a dirt road with no markings for directions. I picked right and started downhill when I ran into my marine bud who passed me earlier and another runner (Native American), who where coming back at me. They had no expression on their face and nothing to say as I approached them. I said this does not look good and asked if this was the wrong way. The marine mumbled and said we need to go back up hill. After a sigh from me, our conversation was about how poorly this race was marked and the extra miles it cost us. After getting that off our chest, and realizing the negative thoughts would not serve us well at this stage of the race, we trudged our way up the hill in silence. The marine took off running again as the other guy and I maintained a consistent smooth pace. On a nice downhill section, I stepped it up and caught up with the marine who was slowing down. After another mile of downhill running, I had a short steep climb into the Rock Point aid station with the marine and other guy a few hundred feet behind. I was hot with water running out of me, stomach unbalanced, and water still in my water bottles. I did not drink enough water for the miles covered and I lost focus of keeping hydrated with the distractions in my head. The thought of drinking anything was unsettling, and consuming food gave me a nauseous wave. I gave the aid station support my bottle to top off and said my other bottle was still full. He looked at me and said you need to keep hydrated and drink more fluid. I was a little light headed but figured it was from the heat. I just need to keep moving and force more water in me for the next two challenging sections. I looked over and saw the race director standing next to the food table with his running gear on and race number attached to his shorts. I didn’t realize he was racing also, and surprised to see him looking so fresh. One of the other runners commented on how fresh he looked, and he said he was anything but fresh and was calling it the day. The two runners I ran into this aid station were also calling it the day as they sat down in a couple of lounge chairs their crew provided.
I was on familiar territory from this point because the remainder of the race was repeating the loops I already covered. The next section was the muddy trail from hell, but this time I had my trail shoes on and wanted revenge the second time around. I had 8.6 miles and over 2100’ of elevation change before I would see my crew again at Fire Tower, and I wanted to get there by dark. First I had to get out of this aid station but needed to force some food in me. I drank a cup full of coke, grabbed a handful of Fritos, and two small bags of M&Ms. I walked the next ½ mile trying to keep this much needed energy in me. I thought about my electrolyte level possible being out of balance, but I’ve been taken S-caps every hour throughout the day. My crew has been ensuring I drank chicken broth and boost every time I saw them. I had no swelling in my hands or feet, but my stomach was an unhappy camper. The only thing I got a little behind in was my water intake. My feet were covered in mud but at least I wasn’t sliding as much. The horse flies started their bombing runs as I trudged along the muddy trail. I tried to hold on as long as I could but I was at the point when I had no say in the matter and everything in my stomach was on the forest floor. I spent about 10 minutes on the side of the trail until I hit the dry heaves and my stomach had nothing left to offer. I regrouped myself and said now I can start over and feel a lot better. I rinsed my mouth out and took a couple of sips to get water going back into my system again. Dehydration is the last thing I needed at this point into the race and needed to refocus my thoughts on getting to the next aid station. I had one small bag left of M&M and had no problem getting them down along with some more water. I took it easy letting my new stomach adjust as I battled the horseflies and mud. After about another mile, my stomach reminded me it was in control and I painted the trail once again. Time to regroup again and not put anything into my stomach. I would wait until the next aid station and try again.
After what seemed like eternity, South Park aid station appeared with the same question “Can I get you anything and fill your bottles!” I asked for a new stomach but none available. I grabbed a handful of pretzels and a cup of mountain dew to sip on. I said I will be here for a few minutes until I get my stomach under control. They said no problem and just take it easy. After a few minutes, that same old feeling came back as I made a mad dash away from the aid station along the trail. Another power puke as it came out of my mouth and nose. What perfect timing as a few other runners came running in, and me showing my best side. This may seem unusual for any other setting, but in this arena, it was not uncommon to see another runner stepping to the side and losing it. After slinging the remains off my face I made my way back to the aid station and apologized for the display. They said no problem and assured me that I was not the first. One of the other runners asked how they were doing on cutoff time and the aid station support said you still had one and ½ hour. This caught me by surprise and I did a double take on my watch in disbelief. I had no idea I was running this close to the cutoff time. I must have really lost track of time during my problems, not that I could have done much about it. I grabbed a handful of figs and said thanks but need to get moving. They wished me luck and said to drink lots of water for the next section was mostly uphill. I told myself I lost too much water with all the sweating and nothing going in my system. I kept taken small sips of water and forcing a few small bites of figs down the hatch. After a couple more stream crossings, the mud started to thin out, and the hill section started. A couple of runners passed me moving at a slow pace. Here we go again; pullover to the side and throw up again. I was getting good at this, but it was really draining me. My energy level was at rock bottom, and I could feel dehydration setting in. I realized I was in a death spiral and felt out of control. I tried to get some positive thoughts going and focusing on seeing my crew at Fire Tower. All I could think of was knowing I was so close to the cutoff time and in bad shape. I still had about 2 miles to go and couldn’t drink anything. Just my luck, another runner comes up and starts to pace me. He was a younger and taller runner who looked to be in great shape. It was getting dark and he had his light on. Although it was dark, I could still see the trail, but his light disrupted my night vision and had to break my handheld light out. Not that I mind he was staying with me, but I feel like crap and he started to talk about dropping at Fire Tower. He said with hardly any cutoff margin remaining, and starting to really hurt, he was dropping. This is not what I wanted to hear at this low point and realized I needed to keep focused. I told him this was just a low point and he needed to push through it. I said he would feel better soon and would be able to make up the time when the cool night air was upon us. He said dropping was his only option and had nothing left. I didn’t share my dilemma with him figuring he had enough to workout in his mind. I noticed a daisy on the side of the trail and grabbed it for my wife. After the last final climbs, we could see the lights of Fire Tower (60.8 miles) and I realized once again my bottles were full. I was in bad shape and couldn’t wait to get to my crew.
I checked in with the aid station, found the colored lights of my crew in the darkness, and made my way towards them. My wife said I was later then expected and needed to have a fast turnaround and get me going. She was unaware of how bad I felt or looked with very little light around. I handed her the daisy and said thank you for all I put you through and I got her updated on what I was feeling and experienced. I said please give me a ginger ale and I need to wait a few minutes to cool off and let this settle. After another 30 minutes, I was not feeling any better and said there was no way I was going to make the cutoff time in the condition I was in. I told my crew I was sorry, again, and could not keep moving feeling this sick and dehydrated. My wife assured me it was a smart decision and not end up doing some serious damage and in a hospital. She started to get our stuff together as Josh walked me back to the aid station to inform them I was dropping. This really tugged on my heart strings but knew in my mind it was best, and return another day to concur this course.
Laura drove us down to the Covered Bridge aid station to grab my drop bag, and then go back to the starting area to get the tent. I fell asleep during the trip but woke up shortly. Laura and Josh got the tent loaded into the truck while I checked in to get credit for completing 50+ miles. The race assistant said I get a different medal then the 50 mile finishers for completing more then 50 but less then 100, but the RD wanted to give them out personally and would be back shortly. It was dark and foggy with the sound of the generator running and spots of lights here and there. He tried to radio the RD, but I had to excuse myself as I made it to the dark shadow along the side of the cement building and started to empty my stomach once again. I broke out in a sweat as my dry cloths I just put on were now soaked. I saw Laura drive up with the truck, and I made my way to the passenger door and gave her an update. She said she will take care of it and for me to get in the truck and relax. She got the email address of the director and told them she had to leave and could not wait. Next thing I know we are pulling up to a hotel and she got me in bed to get some rest.
The next day I felt better but really thirsty. On our trip to the North GA Mountains for some R&R, I had a chance to think back on our weekend’s experience, and although I did not meet my goal of finishing, it made for an awesome experience which I would not trade for another normal weekend. Humidity, wrong turns, wet feet, mud, bugs, lows & highs, pain, euphoria, sickness, dehydration, strength, confidence, belief, disappointment, broken limits, unselfishness, support, focus, hope for another day……All this in one weekend. How crazy is that! Unlike TX, this time I did not have self doubt as to this extreme sport for me! Pushing my limits is getting every drop out of life. Why settle for less, when the clock is ticking, and you can’t wind it back. Running 100 miles is not easy, and should not be taken lightly. Anything can and will go wrong, and sometimes it is beyond your limit to push past. Appreciate what the day gives you, learn, and make tomorrow that much better.
Can’t end this report without special thanks to my wife and son for their unswerving devotion and support. The support they provide, and appreciation I have for them, is immeasurable. Laura has really stepped out of her comfort zone to support me, keeping me safe, and making improvements in my performance. She has even provided support to other runners by offering water, supplies, and encouraging words. Josh has really stepped up and does all the grilling and ensuring I have warm chicken broth each time I see them. He also becomes the pack mule with hauling all the gear, setting up the canopy, and anything else my wife needs help with. I feel secure with my wife’s safety knowing he is with her. He’s young, but very strong, big for his age, a wrestler, and sensitive to danger.
As for “Tuf-Foot” product – I went all day with wet and muddy feet and only experienced one blister. A big improvement over what occurred in TX. As for why I got sick and could not recover – Most likely a combination of getting dehydrated and needing more S-caps based on the high humidity and sweat rate. The more I think of it, this is why I could not keep water down because my body was low on sodium and rejected anything I put in it as a means to protect itself. I should have taken one S-Cap every 30 min vise one every hour for these conditions. Although I live in the hot humid climate of GA, the summer has been unseasonal cool and needed more heat training. My physical training – Although I ran only 60.8 miles officially (~65 unofficially) I had no muscle cramping, was not sore the next day, and recovery was easy. My wife also applied some Hot – Cold ointment to my leg muscles, and used “The Stick” to loosing up my muscles to help flush the lactic acid out, each time I saw them.
I will return a different ultra runner.


Lee said...

Dude, good report!
A local guy here told me "If we were assured we would succeed, we would never do it." Appropriate for ultras!

Anonymous said...

Nice report on Mohican brother and thanks for the comment.

Rooster said...

I laughed my head off at your pre-race talk with the ADD guy. Man, it seems there is one at every race.

Wow, what a day and some amazing obsticles. Way to keep focused and persevering. Sorry to hear about the stomach. I think that is an ultra runners worst enemy. When I ran Leadville a 10 time finisher told me, "The only advice I can give you is let your stomach guide your day...keep your stomach working and everything else will be just fine". At first I thought that might be a bit much but I took his advice and adjusted my day from the get go.

I hope you recover well and on to the next adventure!

Beth said...

Wow! That was quite an experience. The running is inspiring but so is how supportive your family is of each other. The heat and humidity are a tough combination. Congrats on a great accomplishment!

Alaskan Assassin said...

Great report!

That sounds like a good experience regardless of the outcome.

So what do you have planned next??

DawnB said...

great report, oustanding effort. Humidity will do it every time. You most certainly will be back. You made the right decision for you. Glad to see that you recovered nicely.

Bob - said...

friggin stomach issues!! Well looks like we figured out our feet Tuf-foot I believed help me as well, also a ton of sportslick too - lol

Ya I agree u probably could have increased your s-caps...I sweat a ton in the humidity!!

Well it looks like we are back to the drawing board and on to our next 100 ....Keep Moving Bro, and thanks for a great re-cap!

Glad u recovered well!